12.10.2013

Music: Sweet Nothing

Preface- I am not a writer or a poet. I use to be, but not anymore. What I can do, though, is put words to music..so here we go.

The Song: Sweet Nothing
Artist: Calvin Harris ft. Florence Welch

The text:

Steps are moving through me. I feel the beat of each pouncing step. The emptiness follows me as I walk along the pavement. It does not quiet. It does not slow. A I continue walking, the beats get stronger. The steps become louder. I feel sweat break on my brow. Something is there. Is it following me or inside me? Where is it coming from? Why am I here?

 I break into a run. Out running my own throughts, fears, dreams. not knowing if any are real. Not knowing if any of them make any sense.

The steps behind me slow. I was sure it was me, but maybe it wasn't. I feel a bit more lost as the beats continue. Pat-pat-pat. The steps are speeding up again. The running beat starts. I am unsure if it is me or not. Where are these fear coming from? My dreams are pushing me forward, telling me to run, to try, and to fight.

I keep moving. To stop would be insanity. One must keep moving. Slow or fast, we move. The fear pushes us. Dankness tries to swallow people when it comes, but we move onwards. If those footsteps, inside or out, do not push us, what will? We must move. Walk. Run. Sprint. Tackle. Move. We must keep going, a the dreams only push us through our fears.

댓글 없음: